Thursday, January 28, 2010

TREES!!!!!!!!!!

My parents gave us money for trees for Christmas - yeah!!!!!!!! I've been so wanting trees! I just LOVE trees! So, last week we got bare-root Peach, Nectarine, Apricot, and Plum, but we couldn't plant them because of a major once-in-ten-year storm that FLOODED the backyard! (we loved it, by the way!) So, we hope they're o.k. because you're supposed to plant them right away. We did what they suggested, and planned on planting them today - it rained this morning. Luckily we could wait until this afternoon and still get them in the ground.

Talin helping fill the hole with his little shovel.

Planting the Plum tree.

This is our lemon tree that Lafe's sister gave us - she even sent her boys out to plant it for us! I was worried about it during our huge storm - those winds were really blowing! But, it faired just fine - good thing for those support sticks!

1 comment:

Corinne Baird said...

I'm so jealous. I just have not figured out how to plant anything in the soil of Vegas yet. Maybe you could give me some pointers. Did you get my email about spring break?