Sunday, June 5, 2011

First Week of Summer.....

So, it was the first week of summer, and I just had to document all the goings on around here!

Remember our kittens?.....These aren't them. Our neighbor found a stray's kittens in her backyard and so we brought them in to see if they'd nurse from our mama cat - she wouldn't have anything to do with them.......at first. So, I called shelters, but they were all full - cause I was done with kittens - our's were about to go to homes, and I really didn't want to nurse them myself! Well, we got them to bottle-feed and then, after about 3 days, our mama started to nurse them and take care of them! But, she doesn't have much milk left, so we still feed them every once in a while. They're cute and getting more used to us - I didn't want them to be more strays. This one is Rainy.....

...and this is Angel and V - Angel has two spots on her back that look like wings, and V has a white "V" on the back of his neck. Anyone want a kitten???
I was thinking this summer I would put out an activity for a day, and then a movie day, a treat day, etc. Well, on Tuesday, Laura got these out with a friend and it has lasted ALL WEEK!!! Kids come and go and they just keep making them! It's been SO FUN!!!!!

We played a lot of this.......new game for the summer because I heard it was way fun and Talin can even play it!

Some of this........Summer Reading Program

SWIM TEAM!!! Laura and Kelcie started Swim Team this week and had their first meet yesterday - they both place 6th in their heats.

Ummmm...........this was Erin........."playing" with her siblings.......

Erin finished her Crosstitch of the Temple - one of her 10 hour projects for Personal Progress.

After making a bunch of Blackberry Jam - our favorite! - we decided to try making Blackberry Pie! REALLY EASY and SO YUMMY!!!!!!

I finished MY cross stitch!!!!!!! O.k., I've had this so long I literally can't remember when I started it! My best guess is about 12 years ago.......but I finished it! It matches what I want to do in my kitchen. And......I already have another one - I pulled it out, and it'll probably take me another 12 years - it's difficult! but beautiful!

This kids had a "homework burning" - Ethan's idea! It was actually really fun - might end up a tradition!

Erin brought these home from school from her last day of Sculpture (she was in school two more days than the other kids) and the kids enjoyed making their own sculptures out of them!


So, that was our first week - with LOTS of playing and running around!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds like a great start to summer!!

Carrie said...

Looks like you guys are having lots of fun... I start my 4 day work weeks this week, so the kids and I made a list of things they want to do over the summer.. I can't wait to get started. Maybe one day we can get together to visit and let the kids play... :)

Hannah said...

I remember when my summers were all like that... then my syblings all grew up! I miss you all so much and the fun times that we had! :)

Sheryl said...

That sounds like summer is starting off busy and fun! I LOVE the family picture at the top of your blog. It is adorable. You all look beautiful and handsome :D

Cindy Thomas said...

The boys LOVE the "burning of the books" idea. That is a DEFINITE tradition!