Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy 100th Birthday, Arizona!!!!!!!!!!

Valentine's Day is always special here in Arizona because it's also the day we joined the Union in 1912 - so we usually doubly celebrate at school ( or at least mention it). BUT, I've been SO excited for this year because it's our 100th birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! How cool!!! I even bought a shirt! ($7 at Walmart, fits horribly and probably won't wear it ever again, but it will look cool in my t-shirt quilt someday) The State invited the Mormon Tabernacle Choir down for part of the celebration, and Lafe and I took my parents to see it (for Christmas) - it was amazing and such a variety! The school had a special Flag Ceremony that was so much fun! The FPAC (PTA) bought every kid an Arizona Flag to keep and to wave while they sang our state song.
Laura
Kelcie
Portion of the kids - I think they liked it.
If you look you can see the janitor on the roof trying to get a picture from above - I can't wait to see it, I bet it's cool! Not huge or extravagant, but fun. More than the high school did - absolutely nothing. I wish we could have done more, but everything was in downtown Phoenix, and not really advertised very well. Happy Birthday, Arizona! 48th State in the Union.

No comments: