I FINALLY HAVE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't imagine how much you use internet until you don't have it! Anyway, here's an update on some things you missed - I'll try to make it short :)
Easter

McCormick Railway Park
Lafe had a conference in Scottsdale right by this really fun park, so I took the kids over to meet him for dinner and fun!



Scamper
Yes, a new member of the family. He's really cute, but a little honery (sp?).
Erin's Art Show
She did the Mickey one - she loved Art this year and they had some great projects!
Ethan's Science Experiment
He did a great job!!! He compared the decomposition of wood, a flower, meat (yuck!), and paper. Not the easiest thing to do while transitioning houses!!!
HOUSE DONE!!! (mostly)
If you look close you can see the wagons with boxes from moving our stuff across the street. I'll have to put on a more updated picture with the shutters and stuff.
We had no electricity for the first weekend - and therefore no air conditioning in 108 degrees - but we could get one room working with fans with an extension cord so we all slept in there. If you look close you can see Talin snuggling on Jamie - funny huh?
Kelcie's 5th Birthday

Ethan's 12th Birthday
Ethan turned 12 three days before scout camp - he was so excited. G & G Starr give a tent for the 12th birthday - he LOVED it! and even used it for scout camp!


Homemade Wheat Bread
I did it! I'm determined to figure this out! It turned out nice, I just think my pans are too small, or I need to make more loaves than the recipe said. It was yummy, but I like it a little sweeter or more taste or something - I'll welcome any suggestion/recipes!

Ethan's new Frog - Martian
Ethan has to keep a reptile or amphibian for a month for one of his merit badges, so we settled on a tree frog - cute, huh? He loves him!

7 comments:
Yeah! Glad to have you back to the internet world :)
Looks like so much fun! You did a great job condensing them all into one post.
So happy you are in your home and settled.
Oh Carrolls we have missed you. Okay your house is beautiful! Love the post, I feel like I haven't missed a thing, so cute. I think your bread looks perfect you'll have to post all your tips and tricks. Welcome back to the internet.
Congratulations!
We miss Erin! Maybe she can have a holiday in Mesa sometime soon! Thanks for sharing your adventures!
You have your own little zoo! How do you keep up with all of them? ;-)
So many fun things going on at the Carol house! I love the house it is beautiful. I can't believe you guys had to sleep through 108 degree's in your house for a weekend....so sweaty and difficult to sleep I bet!
So glad that you are "back"! You write such great posts. Glad that you are all settled in your new beautiful home.
So fun to catch up and read your blog. I love to talk bread making with you.
Two tips:
1- Use 2-3 cups of ground oatmeal or wholeoats with your flour. Don't grinde oatmeal in your wheat grinder-use your blender. Of course whole oats (or groats) are fine in the wheat grineder.
2-Use 1/4 of viatal wheat gluten per about 3 loaves.
Post a Comment