Thanks goodness for apple peeler/corers!!! So, I decided to make dried apples (with jello sprinkled on top - YUM!)...................and some applesauce - the brown is cinnamon applesauce and and red is cherry applesauce. I've never made applesauce before, so it was an experience, and I even canned it, which I think I was more excited about :)
So........ I still have MANY apples left, so I think we'll make more Jello apples, and Apple Taffy Pizza - YUMMMMMMMMMM! We'll see.
OH - and I forgot to mention - remember those chicks? (way back in January) Well, now we have 5 chickens and we're really enjoying these:
9 comments:
OK - Seriously jealous of your apples! Apple butter is easy... cook the apples in the crock-pot with some cinnamon... jar it (sealed) and use it as pancake syrup spread (it's thick).
Yum - the apple pizza and those apples with the jello on top sound delicious!!
My, haven't you been productive. I feel like I'm slacking after reading all the things you've done. Rock on!
Wow, you've been busy! I'm jealous about the eggs-- I think I'm ready to get chickens.
By the way, I posted Hawaii on my blog. I could probably just call and tell you that, or bring the pictures over to you-- but this is so much more of a round about way of doing it. Why would I bother doing anything more convenient?
You are amazing! Where do you find the time to do these things? If you need a taste tester you just let me know!
the apples look delicious!
you're living the life I wish I was. :-) Maybe after we're done renting a home for a year you can teach me how you do it all - especially the chickens.
You have been busy! It's great that you have so many fun ways to use and preserve your apples.
I hear that having chickens to get eggs are so much better. Looks like you get a lot!
Love the apple-palooza. You have to share all the recipes! Can you also share the secret of how you manage to be super mom? I want to be you.
Post a Comment