Monday, April 19, 2010

Tiger

This is Tiger. About 3 weeks ago we noticed he was skinny - more than just shedding off winter hair skinny. So, I bought some canned food to bulk him up, but he wouldn't eat nearly what he normally would. So, we were concerned. I took him in and it was serious. It wasn't Leukemia, but we didn't test any further because we knew it wouldn't change the outcome. They think it was either kidney or liver failure, and we could do nothing for him. We decided to just let him be because they said he really wasn't suffering, just felt really tired and "blaw". Sadly, we had to lock him outside because he couldn't make it out to go potty, or even to a litter box right next to him. By last Friday, I could tell he was a lot worse and sometime during the night on Friday he passed away.
Our story with Tiger is kind-of funny. Shortly after Kelcie was born, our cat Lacy had kittens. He was one of these kittens. Well, they came time to sell right when we were moving into our first house, so I put them in the newspaper and all of them sold but him. I couldn't afford to put another ad in the newspaper, so we moved him with us thinking I'd advertise again in a couple weeks ( half hoping he'd get lost in the process :) ). Well, we never advertised again........and hence, he became our third cat. He knew he wasn't welcome because I wouldn't let him in with the other cats, but he eventually was neutered and therefore more trusted and became part of our family. We were often upset at him, though, because he loved to chew on cords - he ruined my iron, a brand-new lamp, Erin's brand-new Eye-clops, Erin's sewing machine, and caused havoc on the washing machine until we finally figured it out, (Sour Apple for dogs works well)and more! He moved with us three times and is the only cat that made it to this house. We did love him and have really enjoyed him this last year in this house. We were all sad to see him go and it was really hard the last day to see him SO sick, so I was glad he finally went. We love you, Tiger!

1 comment:

Cookie Mama said...

Oh that is the saddest story. It's hard to say goodbye but it sounds like you gave Tiger a good life!:)