THEY MADE IT!!!

Jamie decided she wanted to try out for Sound of Music, so I signed she and Laura up for the little workshop they do to teach you how to audition. Then, I heard that they were looking for even younger for Gretl - Kelcie got all excited. So, they had her come to the workshop, too. Laura decided not to audition (thrilled that she wanted to do the workshop!), but Jamie and Kelcie really wanted to. So, we prepared and auditioned last Saturday. Call backs were last night and THEY MADE IT!!!!!!! Jamie is Brigita (3rd youngest) and Kelcie is Gretl (youngest). Their cousin, Autumn, is Marta (2nd youngest), too! They double casted the show so they won't perform every night, but on the nights they don't perform, they will perform in a pre-show with another cousin, Kaylee! HOW FUN!!!!! I was so glad I got to watch the process this time of the call-backs - I really don't know how they decide. I was so overwhelmed just watching them! I worried about Kelcie being too little and that she was going to get tired of it, but we've been doing this for two weeks and she's never not wanted to practice, and never said she didn't want to do it anymore - or even complained! I hope that lasts once practices start. She was so cute, though - "Mom, am I going to be in a play?" YES!!! Good luck, girls!!!
10 comments:
That is so FUN! I love Sound of Music. Glad they are having fun doing it, too!
That is so awesome!!! How fun and what great memories they will have!
I would LOVE to see them perform! That sounds so fun...a lot of work, but more fun. Congrats to them.
How fun for them! Congrats!!
How fun!!!! When and where do they perform? We would love to come see! I'm very impressed, wish my kids wanted to do that kinda stuff.
How fun! Wish we were close so we could see the play.
CONGRATS! Let us know when tickets go on sell. Kennedy and I would LOVE to come watch!
Who is the theater company? What a great experience for them! And, for you...because I know you were needing more places to taxi children to! :)
Congrats!! That's so awesome! You are lucky, my daughter won't even go up for the Primary Program... :-)
hurray! that is so fun. my favorite!
Post a Comment