Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Florida - Monday - Wednesday!

For the last several years, Lafe has tried to get his CME at home to be less expensive, but it was not a Pediatric focus and therefore not very good AT ALL!!! And, because of the osteopathic credit mess, we have to find an Osteopathic Conference. Well, we were both done with this situation, so we told ourselves we were just going this year! It just happened to be in FLORIDA!!!!!!!!! Woo-hoo! Never been to Florida! The first 3 days, Lafe had classes, so I HAD to just hang out at the Hotel :) and crossstitch, read, etc. But, we snuck in a few things.

I had an idea for Primary that involved finding a recordable button - I found one at Build-a-Bear. So, the mall nearby happened to have one, and we went to get it. BUT, did you know that they have Trick-or-Treating at the Mall there? MADHOUSE!!!!!! I don't like Halloween and I wasn't one bit sad I was missing it this year! But, they also had the M&M store!!!!! You should have heard the squeal when I saw the billboard on the way there! EEEEeeeek!!! Surrounding by M&M stuff? Too bad it was WAY EXPENSIVE. Probably better. But, we got cool pictures!

Wonderworks Museum - really cool building!!! We never went inside, but the building was just so cool. We walked past this every day.
Same building, different angle.
Tuesday, Lafe was done a little earlier, so we went to the Orlando Temple. It was so nice to go to a normal neighborhood and be able to go to the Temple. It's beautiful and it was so neat.
From behind after our session.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like a FUN time!! Glad you were able to go with him.
Laura's earrings are super cute too :)

Eric and Rozanne said...

I love going to conferences with Eric to new places, and the extra relaxation in the hotel is not a bad thing. :) To actually have time to read is fun. Looks like you guys had an awesome time! I can't believe that you have never been to Florida.