Our Stake out here does "Play in a Day" for our youth, and they usually end up pretty funny! They get together on a Saturday, and are assigned to a group. They learn the little 10 minute play the whole day and then perform it in the evening for the Stake. This year's theme Disney Movies, and they were great! They made each one into a message of good things to do...
Erin was "Raja" in "Aladdin" - only, she was a person instead of a tiger, with speaking parts - she didn't realize that when she volunteered :) She did great, though! It was out of character, for sure, because she was trying to convince Jasmine to wear something immodest to the dance.
This is toward the end of the dance, but you can see Frauke and Nadine, our friend's student - they were good sports to go and do this all day with these kids! I think they had fun, though. Their theme, of course, was Modesty and they set it to the song, "I'm Modest and I know it" - funny!
Ethan was Robin Hood - the main character - I KNOW!!! I guess he kind-of got volunteered to do it and then agreed without really knowing what he agreed to - typical. But, he did really good. Their theme was Service and they had a service competition to see who got to dance with Maid Marion - "Rob" didn't win because he was helping another player (service), but he got the dance anyway. I love this picture because it shows how awkward they felt :)
2 comments:
...and it shows all the girls swooning in the back. He was awesome!
We did "play in a day" once - I absolutely loved the experience. Plus: only one day! Who can resist? : )
Post a Comment