I LOVE THE OLYMPICS!!!!!!!
 |
| London Summer Olympics |
We've been so excited this year to watch swimming because a friend of ours', Breeja Larson, qualified for the 100m Breast Stroke! She is the daughter of a friend of ours' and she used to babysit our kids! It's been so fun to follow her! She even beat Soni at the Olympic Qualifying meet!
 |
| She got first in the Semi-Finals!!! and qualified going in 4th to the Finals! |
 |
So proud of her!!!
|
During the 100M Breakstroke, she false-started because the buzzer went off prematurely - which, you can imagine, would through you off! So, she didn't get disqualified because it wasn't her fault, but I think it affected her swim and she ended up 6th. The news media commented on how impressed they were with how she handled the whole thing. She was up for the 400M Medley Relay, too, and swam in the qualifying heats, but then they put in Soni for the Final today - understandable, but we wanted her to have another chance for a medal. I think she did MAGNIFICENT and I hope she keeps going so we can watch her again in 4 years!!! GREAT JOB, BREEJA!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment