Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Kitchen's done!



Well, I think the kitchen is done. I painted the walls a smokey blue a couple months ago, but I hadn't gotten to the doors and replacing the wooden knobs. But, they have been taken off for a month or so - which is very handy in putting away dishes or trying to find something. So, since Talin is CRAWLING now, I figured I better get those painted and back on before he finds the cleaners under the sink (they have those child locks on them). So, I painted them all today, and even the door going out to the garage. You see, the people who lived here before us tried to "touch up" the house by brushing over the cabinets and the door with some paint. Problem is, they used the wrong color - it wasn't true white like they already were, so they had these light bluish brush marks and it just didn't look right - awful is more like it. ( o.k., not that bad, but I was sick of how they looked.) So, they are all white now, but the brush marks wouldn't sand or paint out, so the texture is still kind-of there, but that's o.k. The door looks GREAT! and the cabinet doors look good, but I guess just not as good as I expected. Lafe and the kids assure me that it looks much better. I love the new black knobs that I put on instead of those dirty looking wood ones, though! So, anyway, that project is done - WOOHOO!

4 comments:

April said...

Pictures...we want to see pictures! It sounds beautiful! We have started a huge list of what we want to do to the house. Now, we just have to figure out what should be done first! It's a hard decision.

April said...

Thanks for the pictures! It looks so great!! I am totally impressed. Yes, I need to update my blog. I have so many posts floating around in my head, I just haven't written them out!
Guess what? I just got a serger...for FREE!!! Now I just need to figure out how to use it! haha

Cindy Thomas said...

LeAnn, that looks WONDERFUL! Don't you wish our countertops could ALWAYS look nice and shiny/clean like yours!

missliss5/Melissa said...

You rock! Nice work! And I totally know what you mean about thoroughly enjoying a finished house project. Last weekend Dan painted our bedroom and even though the color isn't a huge difference, it just is so NICE to enjoy the fresh new clean paint! Yay to you!