Saturday, July 25, 2009
Pickles!
The CO-OP this morning offered pickling cucumbers, so I decided to give it a try! I read on the internet that if you soaked them in ice-water for at least 2 hours they would be crispy pickles - we'll see if it works?!? Aren't they pretty, though?
Getting ready to be canned.......
The ending product....... I couldn't believe how much one box made!
L - R : Dill Halves, Dill Spears, Dill Hamburger Chips, Dill whole pickles, and Bread and Butter Chips. I was only going to make a few B&B but I still had more cucumbers and more B&B brine left, so I made more. I only had one not seal - ahhhhhhh, now we get to try them!!!! Well, after 24hrs. It was fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How fun. I can't believe you can already eat them after 24hrs. My boys would so be into that they love pickles!
Wow--you could open a mini-pickle section in a grocery store...or let the kids have a pickle-stand (instead of a lemonade stand). We're very impressed! It's so fun to try new things like that! You'll have to tell us how they turned out.
Wow--you're doing a lot of canning this summer. Good for you!
I sure wish I lived by you so I could get some homemaking skills. You are inspiring. And yes they look so pretty!
Post a Comment