Friday, September 14, 2012

Cancun

Last week, Lafe and I got to go to Cancun!!!!!  We had so much fun!!!  Just look how beautiful it is!!!
View from our balcony.
View of the Beach
Church - great ward!  Really friendly people
Chichen Itza

Baby Turtle - We got to let the baby turtles go!  It was so cool!!!!!  They would line us up and then count and we'd let them go toward the ocean.  They were so cute!
Us and the Guthries at Chichen Itza
 
This is a Cenote - an underground water hole that the top eventually caved in.  It's really beautiful and fun to swim in!

This is at Ek Balam - another Mayan site - this part looked as if it had been rebuilt, but he said it was just cleaned and then protected - amazing that it's still there in such detail.
 
There's a better picture of Lafe at the top, but it didn't upload.  Here I am holding on for dear life about 3 feet from the top.  I figured the view was the same from there :)    Do you see how beautiful it is behind me?  So GREEN!!!!!

High and STEEP!!!  It took me a while to get back down.....

Lafe and I in the "Lover's benches" at at park

We're Parasailing!!!!!!!!!  (We're the white one)

Me in the air - see, I'm smiling.  This was at the beginning, we got a lot higher.
Lafe in the air - he LOVED it - crazy.....
Dinner at the favorite Taco spot

Lafe went down early one morning to catch the sunrise and was able to see this mama turtle, too.  She had just laid her eggs and he got to watch her bury them and then go back out to the ocean.  Really cool!  I missed.....


The eggs

The sunrise he was after - GORGEOUS!!!!!

View from the lobby.  We had a BLAST in Cancun!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

wow. looks like fun. lucky you!!

Katie said...

Looks like so much FUN!!

Beckie Hales said...

Sounds like you had a great time - of course, who wouldn't have fun in Cancun?!?!? Glad you two got a vacation on your own!

Corinne Baird said...

Wow!!! Let us know when you go again and we'll try and come. : )