Monday, August 25, 2008
Today
O.k., I have all four kids attending one school now - whew! Of course, Laura cried going today, and was screaming when I picked them up because a Monsoon storm blew in over their school and the lights went out (one of her biggest fears right now) and they were soaking wet in the rain. It was a really cool storm - I could see the big black cloud from our house, but their school was a direct hit - I got pounded trying to go pick them up. It was wonderful to have rain - and it's still raining out there - Yipee!!! I also picked up some purple paint to patch a spot in the big girls' room that has been on our "to-do" list since we moved in. While I was there, I got a couple plants to replace one that was dying, and some others for ground cover by the front door. I taped off the back door to paint, but didn't get it painted yet. Dinner, planted the plants, FHE, clean up, get kids to bed, tired, time for bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love the rain! Sweet Laura, I don't like it when the lights go out either.
I was so sad to see the for sale sign in front of your house when we dropped Erin off yesterday. Love that you get to build, just wish it was in the ward boundaries!
Happy Painting.
Your first few days of school sounded quite hectic--glad it's calmed down a little.
I'm so happy that you finally got your rain. We're finally having some dry weather out here (I hope I don't jinx it by saying that!)
Ohhhh, poor Laura! I hate sending kids to school unhappy. It's so hard... I hope she's doing better now.
As we fixed up our house to sell I would often think, "why didn't we ever fix this while we were actually planning on living here?" It frusterated me that I had just "lived with" some issues (holes, bad paint jobs, broken door frames, etc.) but then we had to fix them up for other people to buy the house. It must be so hard to keep a house with eight people clean while trying to sell it. I can't imagine how much work it must be for you-- and then topping it off with commuting out here everyday. Just remember-- this too shall pass...
Post a Comment