Last night, though, Ethan wasn't so sure about this anymore - braces hurt. And those littles wires that poke if they're not trimmed close enough........but, he's o.k. this morning and we'll try and go get those trimmed ( I remember how bad those hurt). His little sisters were jealous - funny, huh? And, Erin doesn't need them - don't know how THAT happened!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Braces!
We have entered a new era..............
Ethan is the first one to get braces..........yesterday! He's been so excited - they've been waiting for a year for him to finish loosing teeth and deciding what to do, so he was ready. He has two baby teeth that don't have permanent ones underneath. They were just going to shave them down ( the only teeth in the mouth where the baby teeth are bigger than the permanents) and let him keep them because they had good roots, etc. But, there's a new way that they've started doing that has worked REALLY WELL and they want to do that instead. They're going to pull those two teeth ( that way they won't give out in his 30's because they're baby teeth and then he'll have to have implants) and insert a little post/screw to pull the teeth together. We saw some examples and it looks great!
Last night, though, Ethan wasn't so sure about this anymore - braces hurt. And those littles wires that poke if they're not trimmed close enough........but, he's o.k. this morning and we'll try and go get those trimmed ( I remember how bad those hurt). His little sisters were jealous - funny, huh? And, Erin doesn't need them - don't know how THAT happened!
Last night, though, Ethan wasn't so sure about this anymore - braces hurt. And those littles wires that poke if they're not trimmed close enough........but, he's o.k. this morning and we'll try and go get those trimmed ( I remember how bad those hurt). His little sisters were jealous - funny, huh? And, Erin doesn't need them - don't know how THAT happened!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I remember being excited to get braces. I got them on two days before Thanksgiving-- so my excitement fizzled pretty fast too. Hope he gets used to them quickly. : )
Benny's about 3 months away from braces (after the appliance does it's work) and thank you for the heads up on baby teeth with no permanent ones underneath - Jaycie's got 2 also, but she doesn't need braces! Hmmmm. Is it worth it for her? I wonder. . . something to look into. Thanks!
So far, our dentist hasn't recommended that any of the kids see the orthodontist. "knock on wood!"
I'm sorry that they hurt! He looks cute with them, though!
He is missing teeth? So am I. We can be twinners. haha Anyway... We were doing the same thing and so far so good. Just thought I woiuld let you kow that you are not ALONE! :)
Post a Comment