Thursday, July 8, 2010

Utah, Part 3: Centerville

Then........ we went up to Centerville to stay with my brother's family - so fun! First, we visited Wheeler Farm.
Talin and Kelcie in the little Treehouse
Kelcie and Lafe watching the ducks
The whole gang in the "cool tree"! Everyone loved climbing all over it
Especially Ethan....
Proof the quilt got used! We took it for the 4th of July party in the park, and ended up using it so much - very handy!!!
Picnic lunch - so nice in the shade...
Then, we went to the Sweet's Candy Factory - it was fun, but lots of the machines weren't being used that day. They have REALLY yummy salt water taffy!!! Sporting our lovely hats!
That night was the 4th of July Celebration in the Park - they do such a great job! It take FOREVER to get dark up there (don't get me started on Daylight Savings Time), so they had a magician for the kids. After a while I realized I hadn't seen Ethan in a while and this is where we found him! It was high - I'm not sure how he got up there! But, I guess he wanted to see the magician!
Rick (my brother) take a guitar EVERYWHERE he goes! He was playing at the park and Talin asked if he could play it, too. It was so cute!
Saturday night we did fireworks for the 4th! We had TONS of sparklers so the kids were able to get their fill. My nephew, Tyler's, birthday is on the 4th of July so he always gets fireworks for his birthday and is the main attraction! We love that we get to watch. Grandma lighting Talin's sparkler
The kids like to do tricks and see how they turn out on the camera.
Erin burning from both ends!
Tired boy - collapsed on Rick and Teresa
On Sunday, we visited another Temple - we saw 7 of the 10 Utah Temples!!! That's amazing!
Bountiful Temple
The kids with Grandma and Grandpa - it was so fun they could meet us at Rick's house for the fun!
Finally, driving home!!! We always feel sorry for the person in the middle, but I guess they figured out an arrangement - parents love that!

3 comments:

April said...

Wow! What a great trip! It would be so fun to meet you out there sometime. That is, if we ever go there again... :) I love all of the matching t-shirts!

amy said...

I love UT!! I love that we can be outside during the summer. You've got a great family!!

Corinne Baird said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! And you're reminding me of things we need to do next time we're up in Utah. Your kids are all so cute. We really do need to get together.