Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day!

I just got back from the Veteran's Day assembly at my kids' school, and just left SO grateful for all those that serve our country! I was blessed to have a wonderful Dad who served in the Air Force and military life was all I knew -and LOVED! My parents instilled in me a deep appreciation and patriotism for our country and I can't help tearing up EVERY time I say the pledge, sing the national anthem, or any other patriotic song! And, I LOVE that our school emphasizes it so much - those kids sang the song for every branch of the military today! And, they sing a patriotic song every morning - I LOVE that they know all those songs!!! Being the youngest, I don't remember firsthand having my Dad gone for training or serving in the war, but I'm really grateful that he did, and how strong he was to his values while he served. And, I'm grateful for my Mom who did have to endure firsthand while my dad was gone so much. BUT, I do remember, as a little girl, seeing my Dad in his uniform and just how good he looked! And, how respected he was when I was with him on the base - I loved that my Dad lived in a way that so many people loved and respected him -not just for his ranking. THANKS, DAD! And, THANKS to all veterans!!! Happy Veteran's Day tomorrow - don't forget to put out your FLAG!!!!!!!

No comments: