Sunday, November 14, 2010

Temple Groundbreaking

Yesterday, we were so lucky to be able to attend the new Gilbert Temple Groundbreaking!!! We fixed up our bikes and rode them down so we wouldn't have to deal with traffic. It was pretty fun! Although, the girls and I are still trying to figure out how the sister missionaries do that all the time!
Kids standing by the shovels
Family by the shovels - it was REALLY bright!
Golden shovels - cool!
Family by the artist's rendition.
The best picture I could get of the actual groundbreaking





The kids each trying to do a little groundbreaking!





























It was a neat experience - so glad we went!!!!! All the speakers were wonderful, and I just was so glad my kids will have that memory. Erin and Ethan were able to do this once before, although they may not remember, when we lived in Missouri for the Nauvoo Temple.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Very cool! What a great experience. Maybe one day we'll be out there....

Kelli said...

Cool. I'm impressed that you rode your bikes. My in-laws were down there, too. And I remember doing this in MO. But Summer doesn't remember. We will get to do this soon in Utah Valley. Maybe i will keep the bike thing in mind :)

dustin and amy said...

You guys were really close. Our kiddos got to experience it also! They loved it. How fun to ride your bikes.

Melinda said...

I was in one bike area on my mission-- we used clothes pins to pin our skirts to our bikes as we rode. :)

Cindy Thomas said...

That will fun now to watch the land develop... good times for sure!

Cookie Mama said...

What a great way to create lifetime memories for your kids! I love the bike riding adventure. You got some great pictures of a day I'm sure they'll never forget.

Rozanne said...

Awesome! We were there at the Nauvoo one too, but I am pretty sure our kids were way too young to remember...well, Alex might? :)