Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Erin's last band concert
Did you know that instrumental concerts are very difficult to take pictures???!!!!!! Tuesday was Erin's band concert at school, and it will probably be her last. They did a great job, and this was the best picture I could get.
She has loved playing the flute, but is just really frustrated in this band and has decided to change to something else for a while. It's been a struggle with the conductor - his focus is Marching Band right now because it's a new school and that's what is "seen". They've done really well, so his focus has paid off, but......... He's a percussion major, but he really doesn't know how to lead a symphonic band. Erin has been continually frustrated and relieved when guest conductors come in because they know what they're doing! He also fosters competition instead of the "team" to get the kids to work harder, I guess. That is not a great environment, especially for Erin. Lots of kids have been frustrated and he keeps losing members of the band. I wish they'd hire someone else for symphonic! I'm so glad she's played as long as she has and she will still always have that in her life. I wish I could help the conductor understand, but I don't think I can, and I don't want it to backfire on Ethan who wants to do Jazz Band next year (which is awesome!). Thanks for playing, Erin. I love that you have music in your life! And.........back to piano, my dear :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment