Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Temple Lights

Last night we took the kids (well, most of them) up to see the Mesa Temple Lights. Ethan was helping with the chairs, so we decided if we didn't just go, we might not get it in this year. It was so beautiful and nice to go on a night that wasn't so crowded! And, this was our first year without a stroller/little one and we were able to take our time and enjoy it! Erin is going with mutual another night and had lots of homework, so she opted out.

The Nativity Scene - the star is SO bright!

Our family (-Erin) at the Nativity

Inside the Visitor's Center they have a display of nativities from all over the world. This one was my favorite from Eastern Europe.

One last picture of the Temple - isn't it beautiful?

OH - and if you happen to go - take a listen to the narration at the Isaiah (adobe looking house) - That's my brother, Rick! We were listening to it, and Lafe turned to me and said - That's your brother! So, I listened for a minute, and we were positive it was him. So, of course, I texted him to find out. I remember vaguely my mom mentioning it once, but we haven't been able to stop and listen before (remember the stroller thing?). It was fun to discover it ourselves, though!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Love the samples you've posted of your brother's CD. We need to order it!

Melinda said...

awesome pictures

Rozanne said...

Wow! I had no idea they had all that at the temple. Looks beautiful and I love that nativity too. I want one! :)