Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Picnics

Kelcie was talking about a picnic and eating outside, and so I told her she could do it today if she wanted. She got excited and immediately started planning. She found a basket and picked out some cheese, chips, and I made them a sandwich. Then, she got Talin and set it all up. She did the whole thing - she even cleaned up! And, Talin loved it, too! I love when they get to do what they want every once in a while :)

6 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

Picnics are the BEST!!

Katie said...

What a great Mom! It really is so nice when we can indulge there requests. Looks like a perfect picnic!!

Drewmeister said...

That looks so nice. Temps here are in the 30s and falling today (and 30's actually feel quite warm compared to how cold it's been). I am so jealous of Kelcie's picnic outside. Glad she and Talin enjoyed it!

Kari said...

Oh so cute!

My 6 year old daughter, Rilyn and Tyler (4) wanted a picnic SO bad the other day. But with a good 18 inches to 2 feet of snow on the ground still, I told them no. So they got some baby carrots and string cheese out and had themselves a picnic on the front steps, just the two of them! It was so cute I should have gotten a picture!

So good to now be blogging buddies! I did not realize you were a blogger too! :)

Sheryl said...

It looks like she planned a fantastic picnic. Congrats to Ethan--that looks like a fun way to honor kids with perfect attendance. I did laugh at the fall celebration. That is one thing I absolutely love about living back East--the autumn. I miss the beautiful January weather in Mesa though.

Eric and Rozanne said...

Oh to have picnic weather right now... I love it when I can say yes because so often the answer seems to be no.