Friday, May 9, 2008

All Sealed!


This was my project last night! I just got a new steam canner, and apricots just happened to go on sale!!! So, last night I bottled 14 quarts of apricots for the first time all by myself - and they ALL SEALED!!! And I won't let anybody eat them yet - :)

8 comments:

Carroll Family said...

I have the most amazing wife!

April said...

I am so totally jealous! Do you remember when we bottled peaches in our ward at Wymount? Those were so good. I still crave them after so many years. I am planning on canning beans soon. Not nearly as exciting as apricots.

Drewmeister said...

I wish I knew how to do that--congratulations!

Katie said...

Ahh, Lafe is so nice! I bottled peaches a couple of years ago and thought the same thing. I was SO grateful to accomplish it and have them all seal!!
You have to try bottling chicken. You need a pressure cooker, but it is SO yummy!!!

Alice and Ada said...

i wish we were neighbors. My yard came with waist high weeds and poor little apricot tree when we moved in. It had so many apricots last fall, that I couldn't give them away. I ended up letting them fall on the ground and then raking them up and throwing them away. Your pictures makes them look so yummy.

Alice and Ada said...

sorry, not Summer, but Kelli. I let Summer use my computer and she forgot to logout.

missliss5/Melissa said...

That is an AWESOME accomplishment!

Marcie said...

I don't blame you!! I wouldn't want anyone to touch them!! They look great! I would like to learn how to do that,want to come teach me? Lets have a 'kirksville girl's vacation' at my house!