Thursday, May 29, 2008

San Diego

So, we took off for San Diego! We left Saturday afternoon, and camped in our trailer at the KOA in southern San Diego (almost to Mexico). Sunday, we found a Sacrament Meeting that was really good, and then we went to visit the San Diego Temple, La Jolla Beaches, and the Mormon Battalion.

I caught this sweet picture of Ethan and Laura holding hands - I can't believe I caught it and I didn't tell them.




Monday, we took the ferry over to Coronado Island for fun, and then went to Imperial Beach for the afternoon. It was cold, but we still had fun. Talin was so funny - I took him into the waves, and when the first wave hit him he started to cry and by the time it left he was laughing! He laughed and laughed at those waves! The kids loved burying themselves. Tuesday we decided to try a different (cleaner) beach and we drove over to Coronado (apparently not really an island :) ), and we LOVED their beach! So clean and we had a blast. Then, Lafe wanted to take the bridge back over (YIKES!) - I'm NEVER doing that again - as I've mentioned in a previous post, I have a strange fear of driving over bridges!!! And, there was NO shoulder, and we were driving in the far right lane so we could "see" - AHHHHHHHHH! I was seriously SO SCARED! Never again. Anyways, we had a great time - very, very, very tiring for the parents - now we need a vacation! The kids found some snails while we were loading up the trailer, and Ethan was very creative. Now, on to summer activities!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun vacation!!! I love all your pics. Did you dye your hair? I'm so grateful for blogs so we can keep in touch. And yes, we'll be over for dinner soon - thank you!!!!

Courtney said...

WHOOHOO what a fun vacation and I loved all the pictures!

OK...totally with you on the bridge thing...we drove to Vegas a few months ago and saw the bridge they are construction to divert traffic over the Hoover Dam. I am not kidding it is like a mile above the river! THERE IS NO WAY...I poke through the slug traffic over the Dam thank you very much!

Drewmeister said...

I've been on that bridge in your photos--I thought it was really fun. I absolutely love San Diego.

amy said...

Sounds like a great family vacation!! Are you officially ready for summer now?

Melinda said...

I love the picture by the temple! That should be your Christmas pic this year.

missliss5/Melissa said...

AWESOME vacation pictures! The family pic in front of the temple is just gorgeous. LOVE all of the pics of the kids in the sand, too. Beach pics are such fun!

Katie said...

What a fun trip! We used to go to San Diego every year with Rich's family. We are no longer going there and it makes me sad. I guess Rich will just have to take us :)
I missed seeing Lafe last week at my weekly office visit :-)

Cookie Mama said...

Looks like you had a blast. I love how you guys create fun family memories for your kiddos.

I totally get what you mean about that bridge! I tried to use my pretend break on the passenger side of the car when Jeff drove across it. (my pretend break never works) Yikes! Good thing we don't have much need for those in AZ!

knudsen web. said...

LeAnn, what a wonderful blog. I finally figured out how to write a comment. It's good to see your family so happy. Your kids are adorable and you are still as wonderufl as I remember. I'm going to have to become a more frequent visitor.

Heidi said...

Looks like fun! I don't know how you do it with six kids, I have a hard time packing for my one daughter! You guys are amazing!

Shannon said...

So fun I love San Diego. Love the fun pictures look like you guys had a blast.