Friday, September 12, 2008
Ball!
So, I'm driving down to pick the kids up from school today, and Kelcie fell asleep, so I'm having an occasional conversation with Talin. He points out a motorcycle going by, I think. Then, I'm sitting at an intersection that sometimes backs up for over 1/2 a mile (those of you down there probably know which one), and I hear "Mama! Ball!". I didn't think much of it the first time. After a few minutes I hear it again and happen to look back and he's pointing out the window. So, I quickly look to find what he is looking at. The "ball" was one of the water towers and, sure enough, it was a perfect white "ball"! I got so excited and told him "I see it, I see it!" He got excited, too, and said something that sounds like "I see it!" We move a little forward and it hides behind a hill "Mama! Ball! Whe-is-it?" We were having so much fun with this "ball". Soon, it reappeared - "The-i-is!" "Ball!" So cute! I love rediscovering the world through my kids. This age is so fun because everything is new and they are trying so hard to express themselves. I think they just love it when they are understood. Moments like those you just treasure and appreciate your kids. Too sappy? - sorry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Never too sappy...Eli is really starting to communicate too and it's exciting and sad at the same time. He's becoming a kid and I'm not ready!
Those are the BEST moments. Especially when you are able to sit there and smile and realize how wonderful of a moment it was at the very time it was happening. :)
So sweet!! It is great that you are writing it all down.
Congrats to Erin!! Yea!!
I was thinking in my mind - Jump out of the car LeAnn and GRAB IT! A BALL! You can't pass those up. Good for Talin!
even tho I don't have my own kids, I appreciate those moments in the kids around me. so exciting!
How cute. It really is the simple things that are the ones wwe'll want to remember later!
Higher Ground is on Southern & Lindsay.. in Lyn Rae Square. I coach "beginning gymnastics" there on Fridays! The program is amazing!!
Post a Comment