Friday, September 26, 2008

Footings




Well, there's progress..... Apparently, our engineer wanted to make extra sure our foundation wasn't going anywhere because he over, over-did the footings. Which is really great and all that, but also more expensive. I guess we have footings that could hold a 3-4 story building - so we can always add up! :) That also takes a little longer, of course. But, the holes are really fun to play in!
This is what Lafe does EVERY time we go to the property. In case you can't see it, he has a really long measuring tape.

4 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

Exciting! ANd holy smokes those are deep ditches! Yowzer. And seeing the pics of Lafe with his measuring tape made me smile. My Dad would be doing the same thing!

Anonymous said...

I haven't gotten on you blog for a long time!! I loved all the pics and seeing Erin so grown up and beautiful and cute Talin and the holes for your house!!! How exciting! Thank goodness for blogs to keep in touch! I sure wish our kids could play together.

amy said...

So fun for your fun, so sad for us that it's a reminder that you guys are moving on. I'll try not to focus on that.

Drewmeister said...

It such a man thing