
My sister-in-law sent me these videos, and I started to think about how important this issue is to me and that it's something I can blog about. There are more repercussions to letting same-sex marriage become normal and lawful than we can even imagine! There are reasons that our Heavenly Father created two genders and that is so that we can create children under the SACRED union of marriage. Marriage is between one man and one woman - period! And, I get SO frustrated with people calling this discrimation and bigotry - they are nowhere near the same. We watched "The Great Debators" this weekend and I came away realizing how our generation and especially our childrens' generation, really cannot comprehend the civil rights issue and looking at different races so differently - So Grateful! But, it also made it more definite in my mind that this issue is NOTHING like the black people faced in their lives for civil rights. Their discrimination and vile mistreatment was simply because of the color of their skin. Same-sex marriage/relationships are a choice and a sinful choice. You cannot compare someone's sin to someone else's simple right to live even though they are darker. If you have this issue coming to ballot in your state, please vote for keeping marriage between one man and one woman.
Two great websites:
http://www.standformarriage.com/
Four videos well-worth watching!:
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing... I needed to see that... it sure opened my eyes!
I live in Massachusetts, so I've had a lot of time to think about this, and I know some of the people in the videos you mentioned. I struggled for a long time as to whether or not I had the right to tell someone else they could not marry, even tho I strongly believe that homosexuality is wrong.
What tipped my decision to vote against gay marriage is what will happen to our religious freedoms. 95%, maybe even 99%, of those who are gay just want to do what they believe, and let me do what I believe. It's the leaders though, that 5% or so, that really worry me. They are pushing so hard for stripping religion of the right to preach that gay marriage is wrong, or refuse to perform gay marriage, without the church losing its tax exempt status and the minister potentially going to jail for a hate crime. This is what really and truly worries me about the small but very vocal and hateful group of gay marriage activists getting their way.
Post a Comment