Thursday, October 30, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

Tonight we finally carved pumpkins!!! We wait as long as we can here because they dry out and rot SO FAST! Plus, we've been a little busy... Ethan carved one at scouts, so he was letting the girls carve the family ones. If you look you can see how Talin felt about reaching into the yuck - we decided not to push the issue.




Erin's pumpkin.

Jamie and Laura's pumpkin

Kelcie's pumpkin that she got at the pumpkin patch with preschool and sister drew a face on for her.Talin's pumpkin that he also got at the Kelcie's preschool outing - I think he prefers it whole!

The finished products!

I asked Talin if I could take a picture of "Puppy" to get him to come over to the pumpkins and I just had to show you, too - he loves this puppy. He carries it around and asks for it for bed. Thank-you Grandma Carroll.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

HI! It's Sandi from BYU days.

I found your blog through April's. I love seeing your family!! Your kids are so cute!! So exciting that you are building a new house. We are in Orem - my husband works at BYU.

Just a hint that I just learned - spray the inside of your pumpkins with PAM and they don't rot as fast. And it's worked with ours!

Hope things are good with you!! Love your blog! Our is "themayletts.blogspot.com".

Katie said...

Awesome! Those look really good. What a fun time as a family :)

amy said...

Your girls all have the best smiles! Hope you guys had a Happy Halloween!!