Silly kids!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Now, the Party!!!
Laura had her birthday party last Friday - sorry for the REALLY late post!
She wanted a tinkerbell party and decided she'd rather have the cute party hats (headbands) than the pinata (yeah!). We wanted to make fairy wings, but the day before we realized that felt wouldn't work because it would just flop over, so Lafe ran to the dollar store - I can't believe these were only a dollar - they're cute! He found 11 and we searched lots of other dollar stores and they were all out (lots of fairies for Halloween, I guess), so I filled in with the more expensive ones from Michael's. Turns out, we only needed 11 - how perfect was that?!? So, I got some sparkly foam stickers for them to decorate their wings a little bit, and we made cool little fairy wands. We also played games like "What time is it Cap. Hook?" and Fairy Freeze Tag (use pixie dust, aka glitter, to unfreeze). Then we sent them home with their own Pixie Dust (Huge Pixie Stick) and a little Tinkerbell pen. It turned out fun and I think Laura was pleased. I tried to get her to wait one more week so we could just do a late-night birthday party and watch the new Tinkerbell movie - she couldn't wait that long! 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a cute idea. Autumn loved her wings and wand-- so did Noah. I think I found his pixie stick in various places all over the house for a couple days before I finally threw it out while he wasn't looking. Happy Birthday Laura!
What a FUN party! Love the wings and from the dollar store...bonus!
Post a Comment