Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Election 2008
I'm disappointed. It's really neat that we would elect an African-American President and all our country has been through, and what that means of how far we've come. But, I worry that so many people voted for him for that reason or because they blindly think he can "fix" everything, and haven't stopped to really think about what he supports and wants to do. I think a lot of people aren't sure what they themselves stand for, and therefore don't look into the issues of the candidates and where they stand. To be honest, it's a little scary to realize what he could pull through with a democratic Congress and any vacant Judgement Seat. But, I don't want to be fearful. I have no idea how we could still vote against that, but I will definitely try - and I hope our Congressmen will listen to us. He can make laws and make things lawful, but I don't have to choose that way - and I can teach my children that it's wrong - and I will! I've liked McCain for a long time - he's from here and I've always had a great deal of respect for him. I really appreciate that he wasn't afraid to tell people where he stands on issues, like abortion, point blank. I appreciate that he would choose a great vice presidential candidate. I'm also so glad today that Prop. 102 passed - yeah!!! So important. Our question, though, is if it can withstand Obama and his judges. Anyways, my thought for the day. I'm sure there's more, but I'm tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I second that....
Hi -good to find you online and get to catch up on what you are doing....
I feel the same as you about all this political mess and found this to be inspiring:
“Whatever the era, whatever the times, one thing will never change: Fathers and mothers, if you have children, they must come first. You must read to your children and you must hug your children and you must love your children. Your success as a family, our success as a society, depends not on what happens in the White House but on what happens inside your house.” Barbra Bush
great post and great comments. Me, too.
Post a Comment