Saturday, November 15, 2008
Help!?!
Alright. I need blogger input. Erin is now 13 and we can't find dresses/ skirts for her anywhere! The problem is she's between sizes. Some very small Junior sizes fit and she still fits the largest girls' sizes. BUT, the girls' dresses look too young for her, and the junior dresses are crazy and immodest ( not to mention she doesn't like any of the styles). Nobody wears dresses/ skirts anymore!!! Can someone PLEASE give me some advice of where to look for Sunday clothes for her? We've tried JCPenney ( has worked in the past), Dilliards (has worked in the past), and Ross (I HATE that store!). Target didn't have anything and Kohl's didn't have anything ( I LOVE Kohl's!). Walmart wouldn't DREAM of having anything dressy for that age. I know I'm not shopping smart - I don't know where to go for me half the time - so help me out. Is there some cute store out there I don't know about? PLEASE?????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh how I wish I could say "go here" and your problems would be solved! I do not enjoy shopping for dressy clothes for the sheer frustration of it.
I usually go for the internet. You can browse more places in less time :) I have also had some luck at some of the "modest" online places such as layers, shade, etc. Just shop their sales. Everything eventually goes on sale. I was able to get a super cute dress for $5, no joke!
Good luck!!
I know my girlfriend takes her daughter's old jeans and makes skirts out of them. If you sew and you're interested, I can get the instructions. Or you can always get way cute material and make a good old elastic band skirt...
one thing that ive done over the past few years is getting dresses at places like Target or Walmart that are sleeveless or low and getting undershirts. i have them in almost every color. Downeast Basics is a little kiosk in Chandler Fashion Square and Superstition Springs mall and the shirts make almost anything modest. I love them! I do A LOT of shopping at Forever 21 but that store is a lot more modern (and kinda weird) and a 13 yr old probably wouldn't like it. But really I get a lot of my dresses that I wear to work and church from Target because they're cute and cheaper. =)
Good luck!
I am a sucker for a challenge...
The following is a modest clothes directory.
http://www.modestclothes.com/LDS/lds-clothing.html#dress,%20casual
The short time I spent exploring I REALLY liked a site found there called Modest by Design. There were some cute dresses there that look like they would be perfect.
Let me know what you think.
cooksaz@mchsi.com
Susan
One more thing...
I know Modest By Design looks like it's mostly for Weddings, but look under "casual wear". There is even a dress called the "Perfect Church Dress". I really like the jersey dresses too.
Church clothes are always hard for me. The first step is finding out what Erin likes and will wear. I'll keep me eye open when I'm out and about. That's a hard age because she's probably also trying to figure out her style as a young woman.
This might sound crazy, but Seagull Bookstore has some super cute clothes. Brooklyn has her eye on a few of the skirts.
Word of warning, if you buy one of their t-shirts be sure to take the tag off before you wash it. (We missed one) The tags have super powers and can turn an entire laundry load pink!
Post a Comment