Friday, November 21, 2008

Stitches - again???

Yesterday, I promised you a non-house post, but I wasn't expecting this one. Kelcie fell during the kids' concert last night and cut her eye. Luckily, Dad's office is 5 minutes from the school and we stopped by on the way home for 2 stitches. You can see the bruise line from where she hit the bench. We were laughing, though, because 2 years ago October she got her first stitches on her forehead from tripping and hitting a rock at the cabin ( you can see the scar - right in the middle), and 1 year ago at Thanksgiving she had to get stitches in the back of her head because she got hit by a swing. I asked her what she had against this time of the year! She's really not a clutz, just freak accidents - our dainty little girl. Poor Jamie was trying to help her dad by holding Kelcie's hand and she passed out hitting her head on the wheelchair nearby. Poor kid - she has a lower threshold for fainting anyways, but we didn't realize she would faint in this situation. We weren't thinking very good. So, Lafe put about 10 knots in the first stitch because he was trying to do Kelcie, watch Jamie and help me with her, and tell Ethan where to get the smelling salts. Ethan said it right - "quite an eventful evening!" They both came home with ice and advil. And, Erin and Ethan still had homework to do! One day we'll live closer to the school, right?

6 comments:

Sandi said...

Okay, this shows my stupidity... I didn't know Lafe was a dr. What kind of medicine? I miss working in Sports Med...

missliss5/Melissa said...

Ohhhh, such a CRAZY night! I can't believe all that!!! And then homework to do after you go home--yikes!

Suzanne Maughan said...

isnt kelcie the one who broke her collar bone a few months ago too? Poor girl!!! Good thing her dad is a pediatrician. And good thing she let him do the stitches. I had them twice growing up and both times, I refused to let my dad do them. haha. I also broke my collar bone around her age. haha. Not a very fun thing to have in common.
I hope she feels better soon!

Katie said...

Wow! What a night!! I'm glad to hear everyone made it home and is doing good.

BTW--I love the house updates. Update all you want :)

Drewmeister said...

Oh my--that was an exciting day (and not in a good way!) for everyone. Sure hope Kelcie and Jamie are feeling better.

Sheryl said...

That does sound like an eventful evening. I'm glad every is okay. They need stitches for the most unexpected reasons, huh?

I love the house pics. It is so fun to see how it's coming along. Very, very exciting.