Friday, September 4, 2009

Just Ramblin'

1. I love being a Homemaker!!! I've noticed this week how much I really love doing the domestic stuff around the house - making bread, laundry, feeding chickens, collecting eggs, feeding bunny, making freezer jam, canning chicken, finding great deals on groceries, etc. Even cleaning up isn't so bad because I love how it looks when I'm done. Of course, my house isn't perfect - because I don't enjoy cleaning bathrooms, mopping floors, and dishes - and I don't enjoy this stuff all the time, but this week I really enjoyed it. ( Ask Lafe how many time I asked him if he saw my jam and chicken!)

2. I LOVE how having it rain in Arizona is the best entertainment!!! Whenever it rains it gets announced throughout the house and we love to sit outside and watch it. Even Talin earlier this week said , "It's raining! I gotta go outside!" We LOVE rain here and thunderstorms are SO fun! And, because we don't have an attic above the kids' rooms, they can really hear the rain and they love it - as much as I would have!

3. I love that my daughter will get up at 5:45 in the morning to exercise with me!

4. Why do restaraunts bring you an odd number of appetizers (breadsticks, etc.) when there are an even number of eaters? This drives Lafe and I crazy - it makes no sense. There are 2 of us - why bring 3? Bring either 2 or 4 - duh! We're only going to ask for more anyway!

5. I LOVE the mountains, latch-hooks, and cross-stitching - and I'm off to do that all weekend - woo-hoo! O.k., only Saturday, but it's still a welcome relief - and a chance to see Grandma and Grandpa who haven't been home for more than 2 weeks in a year and a half!

6. And...... I still love chocolate -which is probably why #3 hasn't helped me lose any weight yet :)

5 comments:

Katie said...

I am the same way when I can things :) I feel so accomplished!
Thank you for your love and support, it means so much!!

Drewmeister said...

totally agree with #6. Fun to learn more about you.

April said...

I love it! I have my friend's pressure canner in the garage, just waiting for me to can my beans. Totally easy, but I still haven't done it.

Melinda said...

So I assumed that since I stopped blogging, the blogging world didn't exist anymore. It's so fun to see all my old bloggers still keeping up with each other. Hopefully I can do better.
loved your post.

Heidi said...

#4 cracks me up, I never even noticed, but now i am going to, and it's gonna bug me!