Friday, March 4, 2011

Mom's Birthday

Monday was my __th Birthday, and I think we celebrated ALL weekend!!! Friday night, my parents took Lafe and I out to dinner (Garcia's, yum!). Sunday night we were supposed to be getting together with my family for my birthday - very normal, do it every birthday - but, my kids had something else in mind. Now, let me preface this with the fact that I have been HORRIFIED of surprise parties my entire life! HORRIFIED!!! My kids decided that I needed a surprise party, so they invited all of Lafe's family, too, and then my friends that I Visit Teach and my Visiting Teachers with their families. I had NO idea. In fact, when my mother-in-law showed up, I just figured she was already out here and had come by to visit. Then, my best friend growing up showed up - I immediately knew something was up and instantly declared that my husband was gonna get it!!! I have to admit, it was really fun - I really should have friends over more often! I'm just really bad at being the center of attention.

Yes, that's me eating - it was yummy!

Monday, Lafe and I celebrated! When I was 18, Lafe took me to the Hyatt in Phoenix to eat dessert at the Compass Resaurant (its on top of the hotel and turns a full rotation in 55 min.). So, when I turned 28, we went there again for dinner this time. So, this year (I guess that gives away how old I am) we had decided that we would eat there and stay the night. Well, it was booked completely to a convention. BUT, we made it work! We went there for dinner - WAY YUMMY!!!!!!! and then bid on Priceline and got the Hyatt Place nearby for nearly 1/2 price!!! So, technically we stilled stayed at the Hyatt! (only MUCH cheaper - whew!) Woohoo!!! It was really fun! And, thanks to my kids for being so responsible, they did great while we were gone!!!

2 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

AWww, that's totally awesome! Happy birthday!

Sheryl said...

How fun!! The party and the restaurant, glad you were spoiled.

We are planning to move to Scottsdale (so not back to Mesa, but close). We don't have a contract signed yet, but we pretty much have a job. I don't want to jinx it too much by dedicating a blog post to it. When we have signed and mailed the contract back I'll say it's certain.