Just had to get these written down:
Yesterday, Talin comes to me and says, "I know how to spell 'piggy bank' " (keep in mind that he only turns 4 in a couple weeks) So, I ask him how, and he says, "USAA". I start laughing because that's a magazine that had come in the mail and Erin said there's a picture of a piggy bank on the front! So, we had him showing everyone all night how to spell "piggy bank". But, we are totally amazed at how many letters this kid knows - and we're NOT teaching him! He's picking it up - probably from his cousin, TV, and computer games, but hey.....he's learning them!
Today, I'm waiting to pick up Erin from school and Talin says, " Mom, that girl is really pretty." So, I look up and, yes, she's pretty, but I don't think much of it. Then, we move to another spot because Erin went to talk to a teacher, and he says, "Mom, that girl is really pretty, too! .......... I love her." So, I laugh, and thinking I'm using a teaching moment, say "but, you don't even know her". To which he says, "but she's the cutest one there!" AH - and he said something else that I wanted to be sure to remember, but I can't. I was dying laughing - trying not to laugh too hard or he'd stop and be embarrassed, but it was so funny!
1 comment:
So glad the younger kids have a way of learning their letters. I love the silly little things kiddos say.
Post a Comment