Monday, March 31, 2008
PUPPIES!
Dixie was due to have puppies yesterday, but she usually goes over a couple days, so I really wasn't expecting her to have them yet. But, yesterday she was showing signs, and further into the afternoon we realized it was serious (wet spot after home teachers left). So, we stayed by her side and the first puppy was born at 8:45 last night and the last one was born at 6:15 this morning. How many - NINE PUPPIES!!!!!!!!! Lafe thought she was done at 8, but then Erin came in this morning and asked why one of them still looked like it was in the sac - we rushed in and, sure enough there was another! She had left it uncleaned to go outside, so we ran it out to her and she quickly took care of it and brought it back it - phew! They are beautiful puppies - all very close in size, unlike last time (baby vs. goliath) and I'm just watching them close to make sure they can all eat. I'll post pictures when I get a chance to get the whole group together. I can't believe she had 9!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so glad to hear from you! Wow, I had no idea you had 6 kids! It makes me feel so old seeing Erin and Ethan all grown up! Thanks for dropping me a line. Now we can keep in touch! Cute kids!!
Love, Jen (Starr) Brady
can I ask...what kind of a dog are they and how much do you sell them for? (No, I don't want one, I just wondered how fast the college funds are adding Up!)
Miniature Schnauzers and we charge between $350-$400 depending on gender and coloring. Then, we pay off all the vet fees, etc. and then split it among the kids. So, it doesn't add up super fast, but it's something when we weren't able to do anything.
Post a Comment