Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Break!!!

It's Spring Break this week - which is now almost over! We were going to go camping, but after the quit trip for the funeral and the chicken pox episode, Lafe and I were really tired and decided it would be better just to do some fun things around here. So, first we went to SKATELAND!!! We had a good time! We left Talin with a young girl in our ward while he was down for a nap -he never knew we were gone- Yahoo! At Skateland the skates and the floor are really slippery, so it takes some getting used to. Laura was doing really well by the time we left, and Kelcie tried so hard ( she's never skated before). Ethan was just mad because they kept playing games he couldn't play, like only backwards skating, the dice game, etc. and he didn't like the LOUD music. I loved it because it took me right back to the 70s when I went there as a little girl! Only, they've lightened it up - so glad! It was always so dark in there, and even as a little girl it felt uncomfortable to me. So, I'd help the kids, and then I'd drop them for a quick run around a couple laps. Worth using the free tickets!

Then, we went to a drive-in movie to see: Horton Hears a Who! It was cute! Talin wasn't too sure about the whole drive-in experience, but it was still fun. Ethan and Lafe stayed for the second movie, The Spiderwick Chronicles, and they said they really liked it. Neither of them have read the books, so they had no idea what it was about. Sometimes, you like them better that way.




Next, we did the kids' most exciting thing! We did this last year because I was DUE to have a baby and we couldn't go anywhere, and it's been such a great memory - we've heard about it for a year. So, we decided to do it again.

It's so fun! Both Grandmas came with us and made one, too! So, here's what the kids got:

Erin got a monkey (Cocoa), Talin got a cute long-eared puppy (Scruffy), Jamie got an orange tabby cat (Lacy), Ethan got a ground-hog dressed in Karate clothes (Chang), Kelcie got a Pink Sparkle Bear dressed in Snow Princess complete with a wand (Angel), and Laura got the Chick (Suzie). It's so fun to see what they choose! Someday I'm going to do it myself!

3 comments:

April said...

Wow! Looks like you had a great time! It was our spring break, also. We went to see Horton, too!

Anonymous said...

Jeremy's mom got our kids Build a bear for Christmas. It was crazy walking around the mall with all these cute kids and all their boxes. I felt a little silly. I love the picture of the girl's skating. So cute.

Marcie said...

My kids LOVE Build-a-Bear, another bright idea to come out of St. Louis!! (along with Mary Engelbreit!) I haven't seen the chick, that is SO CUTE!!