Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Day in the Life

I was feeling like I was running everywhere today, so I thought I'd make a list and see.
6:15 Wake up to Lafe leaving for the hospital
6:17 Wake up kids
7:02 Leave to take kids to school (early band) - they all have to go to band when Lafe is on-call
7:30 Shower
8:30 Feed Talin real food
10:00 Take Kelcie to Dance
10:10 Put Talin down for a quick nap
11:00 Pickup Kelcie from Dance
11:30 Lunch
12:00 Try to get in gear and get something done - Kelcie, Talin, and I clean Laura/Kelcie's room - they have too much stuff!
1:30 Erin and Jamie come home (on the bus - yeah!) - REALLY Early out for PT Conferences
1:45 Pick up Laura from a friend's house (went home from school with twin friends)
2:00 Put Talin down for hopefully a longer nap
2:30 Pick up Ethan from Intermediate Band
3:05 Take Laura to Dance
3:15 Try to take a nap (Mom, MOM!)
4:15 Pick Laura up from Dance
4:30 Take Ethan to the Band Repairer for his Sax
5:15 Home now (horrible traffic) Try to think of something for dinner
5:45 Give up and go to Panda Express
6:30 Found out my neice is getting MARRIED! WOW!
6:50 Walk Erin to Mutual (Church across the street - yeah!)
7:40 Read with Laura - doing great!
8:00 Start bedtime routine
9:00 Trying to finish bedtime routine
9:15 (Reading my post over my shoulder) Ethan: "Mom, I feel sorry for you", Me: "Why?", Ethan: "Because you're totally booked!"
9:16 Thanks, Ethan - I feel better now. Contemplating ice cream because I've already ruined trying to lose weight today - AGAIN!
Between 10-12 - Lafe will come home from working urgent care at their office - I wonder if I'll be asleep.
I'm sure you ALL can relate.

5 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

You're my kind of girl documenting the entire day like that. Sometimes when I'm feeling super busy I just have to map it out and take a look at what my day really was filled with. You rock, super Mom!

April said...

Wow! I'm not sure if I want to write down everything I do. It's nice to look at, though. Maybe it would help me to feel more accomplished.

amy said...

I don't know if I can relate - you're pretty dang busy.

Cindy Thomas said...

What did you do between 8:30 and 11? :)

missliss5/Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.