Friday, July 25, 2008

Candy Cane Ice Cream

We had a ward party the other night, and I promised I would put this on my blog:


Candy Cane Ice Cream (aka Peppermint Ice Cream)
(I think this makes 5qt.)

3 1/8 cups milk
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/8 t. salt
3 1/8 cups half and half
1 3/4 t. vanilla extract
7 1/2 cups whipping cream ( I substituted half and half for about half of the cream, and it was fine)
2 1/2 cup peppermint candy (candy canes)


Scald milk until bubbles form around edge of pan. Remove from heat. Add sugar and salt. Stir until dissolved. Stir in half and half, vanilla, and whipping cream. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. (I don't do that part and it still works) Place peppermint candy in a plastic bag. Break into large pieces (about 1/4-in.) with a mallet or rolling pin. Stir into chilled mixture. Freeze as directed.


This is our favorite one to make!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Mmm, sounds good!

missliss5/Melissa said...

Ooooh, I want some right now!