Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Reunions!

Tis the season for Family Reunions!!! We're back, after living in a trailer for a week and a half! First, we drove to Cedar City for my Allan Family Reunion. It was so fun to see cousins and their families and get to know them again. Then we drove down to Strawberry, AZ to Lafe's parents' cabin to hang out until the next reunion - LeBaron Family Reunion. The kids had a BLAST just constantly running around outside in the woods and playing with cousins. We wouldn't see them for hours on end! Talin, however, was a little more difficult - CONSTANT supervision, which gets a little tiring. But, he loved it, too. I even learned how to crochet while I was there - I mad a hot-pad - woo-hoo! I was pretty excited when I could make something right away. The reunion there was a great time, too. Most everyone there lives here in the Valley, but it's still fun to get to know them. We had to do "Wayne's Breakfast", of course - cooked on a #10 can. We made the funniest videos for each family - I'll have to get ours' and post it. They made marshmallow guns and had a "war". It was pretty funny to watch - somebody started to idea of putting them in their mouth and then blowing them out - GROSS!!! And, then they stuck! YUCK! There was a drawing at the end, and each of the kids' won something, except Talin and Erin, and we were feeling all bad for Erin until the very end and she won the Mystery Bag - LOADED! She carried it around for the rest of the afternoon - no joke! We got a few really great rain storms - AWESOME! We got hail two days in a row and looked like it had snowed. We were so lucky this year that storms blew in each day and kept it relatively cool. Fun time - glad to be home.

5 comments:

Cindy Thomas said...

CONSTANT supervision - I'm told that the day will come when... it's hard to imagine. Everyone looks wonderful! I'm glad you escaped the heat. It's been hot here too (TX) but we escaped to NE and found lots of thunderstorms and cool weather too. Yee Ha

missliss5/Melissa said...

How fun! So glad you had a great time together. Reunions are busy, but fun.

Katie said...

Wow!! Sounds like a busy yet FUN week full of reunions. Talin is such a cute little guy.

April said...

Glad you had a good time. Cooking on #10 cans, huh? That looks like something I imagine is in Corey's nightmares! heehee

Drewmeister said...

Reunions are so fun! This reminds me of the reunion we had in Idaho last September. We are all dressed in red too.