Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Directions

O.k., I've lured some of you in.... ha, ha, ha! Here's how I make them - straight from the Betty Crocker cookbook.
Cut off the stem and an inch off the top. Rinse them out good, and put them in a pot. Mostly cover with water and add some lemon juice and quartered garlic. (depends on how many - I just through it in) Boil for about 30-40 minutes. Peel off leaves and pull off the "meat" part with your teeth. Or, you can microwave them: Prepare the same, put it a microwavable container with a lid (or use plastic wrap) with about an inch of water, some lemon juice, and some garlic, and microwave for 20 minutes. Don't forget to eat the "heart" - after you get to the little tiny leaves, pull out the hairy stuff, and then cut up the heart and eat it - best part! You can also steam them, but I don't like the texture that way.

Dipping them in Hollandaise Sauce is the best:
3 egg yolks
1 T lemon juice
1/2 cup butter/margarine

Combine egg yolks and lemon juice in saucepan, mix together. Turn on low heat and then add half the butter. Stir constantly until melted and then add the other half. Keep stirring until melted, and enjoy!

No comments: